The Association offers a Welfare Rights Service to tenants. Our Welfare Rights Officer, Joe Penders, has previously worked for the Citizens Advice Bureau and has been involved in Welfare Rights for over 15 years.
Joe can offer you assistance with:
- Housing Benefit applications/problems
- Council Tax applications/problems
- Benefit checks to maximise your income
Applications for Benefits, for example:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Attendance Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance
- Social Fund
- Discretionary Housing Benefit
- Applications with reviews/appeals - where applications for benefit assistance have been refused.
Joe is available in our office at 213 Braidfauld Street Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm and on a Friday between 9am and 4pm, with a drop in service available on Tuesday and Wednesday morning between 9am-12pm. Alternatively appointments can be scheduled with Joe on a suitable date for you, appointments can be arranged by calling into the Association’s office at 213 Braidfauld Street, or by telephoning 0141 763 1317 and pressing option 4, or by emailing email@example.com
The Association continues to support the good work being carried out by staff, and volunteers in Tollcross Community Advice Centre. We are sure you will find the services they offer useful.