Boots Pharmacy - Tune in to local support in your community – domestic abuse
About this Event
While approximately 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men experience domestic abuse, there is concern that the figures will be much higher during lockdown, making access to support critical.
Marc Donovan, Chief Pharmacist, Boots UK said:
“Our pharmacies have long been a place that people can turn to for help and advice on their local high street. At times like these, our 2,400 stores in communities across the UK take on increased importance, as a place of safety for those who need one. We hope that by making our consultation rooms safe spaces, we can help people find the support they need at this difficult time, when many other options are temporarily unavailable. This is something our pharmacy teams feel very passionately about and we would like to thank them for stepping forward to help at a time when they are under tremendous pressure.”
While in the consultation room, people will have access to:
- 24-hour National domestic abuse helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Men’s advice line: 0808 801 032
- Scotland - Domestic Abuse & Forced Marriage Helpline (freephone 24/7): 0800 027 1234
- Wales - Live Fear Free Helpline (freephone 24/7): 0808 801 0800
- Northern Ireland - Domestic & Sexual Abuse: 0808 802 1414
- Signposting to download the free mobile app, Bright Sky, which provides support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.